POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : just messin around. [200k] : Re: just messin around. [200k] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: just messin around. [200k]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Feb 2009 03:23:07
Message: <49a7a2eb$1@news.povray.org>
"[GDS|Entropy]" <gds### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
>I just felt like rendering something different to test one of my media
>clouds.
> The water is a modification of Christoph Hormanns, the image idea and
> sky_sphere colormap came from Mike Kost here:
> http://povray.tashcorp.net/tutorials/qd_realskysphere/
>
> I would have used radiosity, but I didn't feel like waiting that long.
> Yeah, I probably should have used heteroMF instead of rigedMF, but
> whatever, it still doesn't look too bad for a scene only meant to test
> clouds.

He he... you test clouds, but the water dominates the image.... :-)

That said, I think the clouds look very good.

The water... hm, hm... I am not a particular fan of this one. At least, I
think you should scale up one dimension (x or z) and a bit od rotation
around y to give a better idea of wave trains.

Thomas